Our top tips for a stress-free move in 2021 with short term storage solutions
Whether you are moving down the street to a bigger house or into the country to a new life, moving can be a time consuming and stressful experience. Many people stress over how to transport their bulky belongings and what to do with their personal items whilst they’re in storage. By using Jennings Storage for all your self-storage needs, you can make moving your things hassle-free.
Top Tips for an easy move
Everyone knows that moving house can be one of the most stressful things a person or family can go through. Whether you have moved or helped a family member or friend move, the stress is evident and can take some time to get over.
At Jennings Storage, we pride ourselves on helping our clients make that move a little easy, leaving the day almost enjoyable. With this in mind, we have put together some top tips for a stress-free move that we think will help you out on the big day!
- Give yourself time to get organised – moving house is a daunting task and can often take months for completion to come through. Don’t sit back and relax during this time, but start to take small steps so when moving day finally comes, you are already organised and ready to go.
- All hands on deck – this is the saying and this is never more true than when you are moving home. Asking friends and family for help during this stressful time will get the job done more quickly, and there will always be someone on hand to make a cup of tea!
- Compile a house checklist – having a list of items for each room can be a very simple way of organising your time and space so you know where everything is and where it needs to be when you get to your new home.
- Large Appliance moving – Check with your new home regarding what large appliances and white goods will already be in place so you can be sure you aren’t doubling up on items and taking up more van space than you need to.
- Short term storage solutions – for bulky items, items with nowhere to go or fragile heirlooms, short term storage can be a brilliant solution to protect and store your household items until you have somewhere safe for them to be placed.
Benefits of utilising a storage place when moving home
We know how stressful moving can be, which is why we at Jennings Storage want to offer you the best short term storage facilities possible to help with your house move.
There are many benefits to utilising a storage unit when you are moving home:
- Protection for your fragile items
- Moving items into storage in advance of your moving date
- Support with capacity limitations in your new home
- 24/7 accessibility to your storage unit
- A degree of flexibility when storing your items
- Temporary storage contracts that reflect what you need at the time
Our clients choose to come to Jennings Storage when moving as they know their household items and prized belongings will be stored safely and effectively, until a time when they can be moved to the new home. Many of our short term storage units can be utilised for long term use as well, giving you the luxury of changing your mind if your plans change, or items don’t fit into your home.
What can you store in your storage facility?
Often the first question asked when looking into a storage facility is ‘what can I store in my unit’? Storage units are built to protect the items they hold within, including extreme weather, including flood and storms, fire, damp and moisture.
As storage units are built to withstand extreme outside forces, there is no real limit to what you are able to store inside. Fragile items, such as glass, older heirlooms and papers are often stored in units. Furniture storage, particularly those larger, bulky items are also well kept within a storage facility.
Using a storage company to keep your items in a storage container not only means you have somewhere safe for your belongings, but a team of experts on-site to support you with any questions you may have, particularly on what to store in your unit.
You may also be interested in:
Jennings Storage can help your move by protecting your prized possessions
Jennings Storage has been providing safe and accessible storage units to a variety of clients since 1993. During this time, we have learned from experience, in order to provide the best facilities and services to those who choose to store their possessions with us.
When you keep your belongings safe with Jennings Storage, we provide you with 24/7 access, cost-effective pricing and peace of mind that your items will be kept secure until you need them.
Whether you are looking for temporary storage, long term storage or a safe place to hold your tools and equipment indefinitely, Jennings Storage are your one-stop-shop solution. We are more than just a storage facility, we put people first.
Cheap secure storage for home and Business customers
Trusted Self-Storage From an Oxford Company with 30 years experience
Cheap Secure storage - What Our Customers Say
Speak to our friendly team today to find the right self-storage option for you
Looking For Trusted Local Storage Solutions?
You can contact us directly using either email or via phone. If you prefer, please send us a message via the website and we will respond to you in a timely manner.